hope & sustainability tour at the gk enchanted farm
Discover the First Farm-Village-University
The GK Enchanted Farm is the first Farm-Village-University in the world. It has hectares of lush farmland tended to by hardworking farmers, a community of cheerful and welcoming families, and a school for bright young social entrepreneurs.
Hear Stories of Hope
Discover how inclusive business practices have changed the lives of countryside Filipinos. Learn how you can be part of this story, too.
Learn About Social Entrepreneurship
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the many social enterprises incubated in the Farm and explore the minds of the global social entrepreneurs behind them.
MAD Travel aims to share the hopeful stories of the GK Enchanted Farm community with the world. Each visit helps support the community-driven social enterprises as well as inspires new ones. Already, the Farm has incubated more than 20 social enterprises which have created products ranging from cheese to peanut butter, stuffed toys to tours. The Farm has also built its own university for the rising poor, SEED, the School for Experiential and Entrepreneurial development.
|09:00am||Registration and Introduction to the Farm|
|09:30am||Experiential Walking Tour|
|12:00nn||Farm-fresh Buffet Lunch|
Social Enterprise Demos
Meet social entrepreneurs
|03:00pm||Plastic Waste Solutions through Ecobricks|
|04:00pm||End of Tour|
|DAY TRIP ONLY||1 DAY|
|PHP 1200 | USD 25|
| Buffet Lunch and Snacks from the Demos|
|Guided Farm Tour|
|All Social Enterprise Demos and Workshops|
And invite your travel buddies!
GK Founder Tony Meloto, quoted in ‘The Genius of the Poor’
Or book a private tour for your own group. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational programs and corporate packages are also available.
Invite your travel buddies!
how to get there?
- From NLEX Balintawak Toll Gate, take the Balagtas Exit (Note: This exit is found right after the Tabang Exit).
- After the toll gate, travel straight down this road until you reach an intersection with a sign indicating to turn right for Pandi.
- Turn right at this intersection and continue down this road until you reach the end.
- Turn right at the end of the road, then turn left at the end of the next road.
- Continue on this road, Pandi-Angat Road, until you reach the Encanto Elementary School. Turn left at the road right after the school.
- At the end of road will be the GK Enchanted Farm
- Take a bus from SM North EDSA to Del Carmen going down at garden/Bocaue exit on NLEX
- Head to the Sta. Maria Walter Mart
Get off at Walter Mart, then walk to the jeepney station across the street
- Take a jeep to Brgy. Encanto and get off at Encanto Elementary School on the left side of the road. There is a tall gym on the left side. This is at the corner of California St.
- You can walk into the farm following California St. or flag down a tricycle to take you inside
frequently asked questions
If you’re curious about the inner workings of local social enterprises (how they start and how they operate) or if you’re looking to put one up yourself, this tour is definitely for you. At the GK Enchanted Farm, you are guaranteed to discover a different look into business and why it exists.
Gawad Kalinga (“to give care”) is a global movement that started in the Philippines that aims to end poverty by first restoring the dignity of the poor. Since it was formally established in 2003, GK has expanded its work to over 2,000 organized communities throughout the country. Today it has emerged as a multi-faith, multicultural platform for nation building, peace-building work in conflict areas in Mindanao, and reconstruction work in post-disaster communities. The GK model has also been adopted in other developing nations like Cambodia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. As of today, it has changed over 1 million lives.
Donations are often unused, expensive and have harmful effects on the local population. Why?
- Unfair competition with the local market (better to buy locally then)
- Dependency to international aid (it’s only a punctual help that won’t change their lives)
- Maladjustment (every donation should target a specific need)
- Strengthening of corruption (the way donations are given without the involvement of the beneficiaries)
- Cultural Identity endangered (donations coming from developed countries reinforce the idea that Western goods are “better” and the youth will develop inferiority complex)
- You can help without harming by putting extra efforts in understanding the culture and meeting the community
At the end of your stay at the Enchanted Farm, MAD Travel will present different ways of supporting the GK programs or making donations, should you wish.
Your reservation is only confirmed once you’ve paid the total amount due for your tour. Cutoff for payments is on Wednesday, 5pm before the tour.
Sat, 01 Dec 2018
San Felipe, Zambales, Philippines
Sat, 08 Dec 2018
San Felipe, Zambales, Philippines
GK Founder Tony Meloto, quoted in ‘The Genius of the Poor’.
The Philippines is a country ripe with local produce and livestock, thanks to its favorable climate and abundant natural resources. Yet despite the obvious and
It’s easy easier to practice mindfulness when you’re sitting on your yoga mat in the middle of an airconditioned room with meditation music playing in the background.
With the season of giving just around the corner, these local brands and advocacies can help you do good whether you’re booking your next getaway