Restore the Oceans: Give a Tree, Support a Fisherman - Mangrove Reforestation in Lobo, Batangas
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Why do we need more mangrove forests in the Philippines?
1 The Philippines has coastline of 36,000+ km and this becomes vulnerable to storm surge - mangroves can reduce the strength of the surge as seen in THIS VIDEO
2 Fish supply across the country is shrinking due to loss of habitat such as mangroves (which take care of coral reefs by the way!). Let's support the 1M fisher folk in the country by boosting their fish supply so that they can earn more than the average P150/day.
3 Climate change is here and we need to absorb carbon quickly. Old mangrove forests can absorb 125 tons of carbon per hectare. 80 mangrove trees for 1 ton per year of carbon absorbed
4 Mangroves provide a host of delicious food items including crabs, fish, nippa fruit and more!
1. Tree card to your name with a tree code.
2. Care for a quality tree seedling for 3 years. Yes 3 years because it takes that long before a tree can fight off weeds, bugs, etc. We visit our tree planting site 3 times a year to remove dangerous weeds and vines,
3. Replacement if the tree dies within the 3 year period.
4. Coordinates of where the tree is planted
5. Bi-annual updates as the tree gets older
6. You will be assigned as the tree's mom or dad - a tree parent - with the data in our system.